Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wednesday 1/6/10, 7:58pm Facebook Post

Earlier tonight, I aked Michael if he wanted a priesthood blessing. He said yes and as I was doing it I felt certain that what I was saying to him was coming from on high. As soon as I was finished he reached out and took my hand in his left and Roxann's in his right. We stood there and felt so close. Shortly after, I realized it was 7:00 Eastern or 5:00 Mountain time.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment