Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, January 15, 2010

My amazing brother!

I had to write a quick post to let everyone know how amazing my brother is.  As I was sitting at home last night crying over his surgery my mom sent me a text message that said "I guess he is ok becuase he just asked the nurse out using his clipboard and pen"  It was such a suprising thing that I couldn't help but laugh.  This morning she text me and said Michael wrote "Who do I need to pay to get a drink?"  I am so grateful for his strength and good humor.  He is a great example to me. We love you Michael!

4 comments:

  1. It's good to know he has a sense of humor especially considering the current circumstances. As always, we are praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful to know that he can still o=put a smile on that face of his, and that comes from him being strong willed and having such an amazing tree of family love branching over him! I will continue to pray for him and a fast recovery and i will continuse to pray for the family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely the Lassie I know.
    -Sean (SSgt Casey)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michael for the sacrifices you have made for our country...Words cannot express the love and support and prayers that are coming your way at all times. God truly is there in our times of need. I know that your family is thanking Him and praising Him for the glorious fact that you are doing so well and will continue to do so. Thank you again for all that you and our troops do for our country.

    ReplyDelete