Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday, 1/7/10, 9:57pm Facebook Post

Everybody: I can't begin to thank you all enough. There's not enough room in my heart for all the love, gratitude, and raw emotion the last few days have generated. Kally and Lisa ar working on some projects to make following this easier There is now a blog for the saga: www.mmalarsie.blogspot.com Go take a look. ...It's just starting but we'll keep it updated. I know I'm running behind but I've been preoccupied.

Also, a bank account is being set up in Michael's behalf. I assure you the funds will be for his benefit only. This is not a solicitation, it is a way for those of you who expressed the desire to do something for him, to do so in a way that will directly benefit his future. May God bless each of you for your prayers,... tears, and support. When it's ready, we'll post the info.

-Jim

3 comments:

  1. My heart and prayers are with Michael and all of you. My gratitude, Love, and tears for him and all of those who serve for our Freedom is great. Bless you all and our beloved USA. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael is on my mind and in my prayers everyday. My heart aches for him and his family. Thanks to Michael and all our service men and women. May God Bless You!
    Heidi and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad Smith is my nephew, he married my niece Tiffany last year. As you know we laid Brad to rest last Monday. I wanted you to know that through all this my family has been praying for you. Thank you for your service to our country and thank you for being a part of Brad's life. I know he loved what he did, as I know you do, and you two have a bond together that few can understand and can never be broken. May God bless you. Continue to seek Him.

    ReplyDelete