My dad sent me this email from a guy he used to work with. He said "hearing this kind of stuff sure helps me....." Its from a guy that used to work with him at the Albuquerque office.
Jim;
I heard about the trauma your brave son suffered during our continued
struggle against terrorism. His circumstances and the hurdles he has
overcome to arrive at such a tragic juncture in life reflect highly upon
his character, his commitment, his courage and the selfless upbringing by
his family and his faith.
I have never been real good with the words, albeit my heart and my spirit
upwell with compassion and sympathy. My lengthy Military service were not
without moments of Glory and Pride, nor instances of inner Pain and
Sadness. Your son is a member of a "Band of Brothers", a part of something
most people cannot comprehend or understand. He is a hero, deserving of
great respect.
I trust that the Lord, our God will see fit to carry him through these
difficult times and afford him the opportunities to be the great man I am
confident he will surely be. Hard to top what he has already done in such
a short life time.
My prayers are with him, you and all the family during this troubling time
and the difficult one's to come. You and your family should be proud of
the unselfish offering he has made at the alter of freedom. It is such a
shame that in these modern times we must continue to bare witness to the
sacrifices of each new generation in the quest for harmony amongst
man-kind.
I wish your young Soldier the absolute best. May his recovery be as swift
and complete as possible!
~Kally~
~Kally~
I think he said it just fine.... that was a really nice email.... hope it helps you guys out!
ReplyDelete