A friend of Michael's posted the following on her blog and it really touched me so I wanted to have this here for Michael.
I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go
I don't know Michael Malarsie as well as I used to. I know in 8th grade he loved playing baseball, dirtbiking, and his favorite color was black. Behind all that "manly" stuff, I remember him begging me to give him back the picture of him and Josh Hartz dressed up as girls (it was Halloween, of course.) More recently, he loved watching South Park, we read the DaVinci Code together (and were sure to see the movie together), his favorite color = green, and he showed no fear! I saw him just after Thanksgiving and he was excited about going to Afghanistan. When I asked if he was scared, without a doubt in his voice he said,"No." What a courageous man! I don't know when we all grew up and suddenly became adults. He's a hero and I always knew he would be. I was glad to read on Jim Malarsie's facebook that Michael is still his sarcastic self. He is so hopeful... and I look up to him. I haven't stopped thinking about him since I heard about what happened.
There is a special hymn just for him...
I don't know if it is appropriate for me to say online, but it was in his patriarchal blessing: I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go (270)
"It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
(Chorus)
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek
O Saviour, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.
(Chorus)
There's surely somewhere a lowly place
I earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.
(Chorus)
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord
I'll be what you want me to be."
-Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment