He's pretty aware of what's going on around him too. It seems the air conditioner duct is pretty noisy. The other day the power was out and when Roxann walked in, Michael commented about the power being off. She didn't know how he knew and he told her it was because the blower had shut down (also, here's another shot of the gauze covered camera).
One of Michael's good friends came to visit. They got to go out and sit in the sun and smell the flowers. When it was time for lunch, she and Roxann got up and started down the hall to the cafeteria. After only a few steps they realized Michael wasn't with them. When they got back to the room he was standing there waiting. He gave them both a little ribbing for walking off and forgetting him. He said, "way to go, you forgot the blind guy!" He continues to amaze us with his sense of humor and wit.
This hospital also has pet visitors. Michael really likes it when the dogs come to visit. He particularly liked this black lab. It reminded him of our lab Lincoln.
I guess I should have insisted on accompanying Michael and Roxann to California. As his accompanying attendant, Roxann is allowed to order food from the hospital cafeteria at the same time she gets Michael's. The cafeteria people that prepare the tray for Michael's room have identified her as the "gay friend". She says she doesn't know why they're doing it but I'm going to keep an eye on her. If she ditches Michael to go to the Ellen Show, I'll have to get a replacement :-).
Worse yet, being so close to San Fransisco, she just might opt to get a replacement for me, Yikes! (I better straighten up and behave a little nicer than I have been). "Roxann, baby I love you!"
The folks working on the upcoming fund-raiser in Bosque Farms are pretty awesome. I went to one of their meetings and was overwhelmed by the energy in the room. Additionally, my cousin and her daughter (and others I'm sure) are working on another event in Orem,Utah (where we used to live) for March 20th. Michael, Roxann, and I really appreciate all this effort and support in Michael's behalf. To each and every one of you (including those that worked on and attended the Durango event), please take our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your selfless acts. We love you and pray that God will bless you abundantly for your service.
As I've said before (and I hope you're not tired of it), keep up the prayers. Not only for Michael but for all the men and women in harm's way. They deserve it and we need to always be mindful that there's somebody else's son and/or daughter out there that can use our support and God's blessings. Thanks again.
No comments:
Post a Comment