My mom just called me and said she has several pictures to send, and an update she was working on, but the internet at the hospital has been down for two days (hence the lack of updates for a while). So just to hold everyone over until we can get a more in depth update, here a quick update:
Michael is LOVING not having the wires holding his jaw shut anymore. He had a military friend there visiting him today who got permission from the nurse to bring Michael some Burger King and he devoured it and loved every last bite. He still has the brakets in his mouth, and still can't open it very wide so it's not totally back to normal, but just being able to eat solid foods has really lifted his spirits.
He still has his feeding tube (even though he hasn't needed it for quite some time) and they are hoping to get that out really soon. That's one of the last things that needs to happen before he can officially be discharged from the hospital and move on to the rehab school.
The school will be everyday from 8am to 4pm so it will keep him really busy, but he is looking forward to getting started really soon.
Channel 4 news did a story on Michael last night. To see the story go to
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s1418207.shtml
Also the fundraiser is getting closer and closer! Just a reminder to everyone it is March 13, 2010 from noon to seven at the Bosque Farms Arena. We really hope everyone will come and show their support for Michael and honor him for his service! Please tell your family and friends about it and join us for a day of fun! For more information on the fundraiser you can visit http://www.michaelsbenefit.blogspot.com/
Now hopefully we will get some pictures from my mom really soon! Keep up the good work Michael!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Michael, I am so grateful that you are finally up and about a being able to move around. It is hard just laying in bed waiting to heal. I check your blog every day. I enjoy all the positive up-dates. You have become a focal point in my life and I will do everything I can to be there for you. That's what buddies do. I know that my display will be the hit of the event, I mean, who can say NO to a red Mustang? Looking forward to meeting you,Jimmy
ReplyDelete