So I wanna take a bit and make sure I thank the Colorado Avalanche team and those who have made this stuff happen. I have been a fan of the Avs for about as long as I can remember. I have always wished I could go to at least one game and only in my wildest dreams would I ever have anything signed by any member of the team. Through the events of this year and the generosity of so many people I am now the proud owner of some items that are now completely priceless to me. The first item is a jersey autographed by Milan Hejduk. This jersey came to the fundraiser in Colorado and was part of the auction they had there. The wonderful people that bought this jersey gave it to me after they paid for it. I felt so fortunate to have such wonderful people care so much and want to do something so kind for me. Not too long later I got some email traffic that was sent between a certain past supervisor of mine to the NHL public relations office telling my story and my affinity for the Avalanche. Not very long later a package shows up at my parents place containing two pennants signed by the entire team. Yet again I was overcome with awe at the generosity and completely amazed by the things so many people were doing for me. And now today, yet again, I have someone to thank. Only this time all I have is a return address on the package.
I now can add another awesome piece to the collection. An autographed hockey stick by the same player as the jersey. Milan Hedjuk. I am not sure who who exactly to thank for this but I want everyone to know that I am overwhelmed by this gesture. I want to thank everyone for all the things that you all have done. Whether it had anything to do with this directly or anything else I owe you all my gratitude and I thank you all for reading and keeping me in your prayers. I am truly blessed and honored to be surrounded by so many amazing people. Thank you all for making everything I have gone through worth it. Go Avs!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment