Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sharing my story...


   Jesse and I was asked to speak to my ward here in Los Lunas last Sunday. Because of the things we have recently gone through the church wanted us to share our stories with the members. Between the two of us we had about 30 minutes to speak and by the end of the time we had accidentally made almost everyone in the room tear up.  

   Our church had a regional youth conference in Albuquerque with about 600 attendants. Their slogan was, A.R.M.Y: A Righteous Mighty Youth. They asked me to come and speak to their youth Thursday afternoon and this afternoon. Thursday I told them some of my story and talked about having the Armor of God on at all times and to keep themselves surrounded by good friends. Today I talked to them about being able to rely on each other and to prepare themselves to face the battles of the world. I felt extremely honored to speak to a group that has so much in store and that has so much ahead of them in life. I was able to talk to a few that told me my story inspired them but I was lucky enough to hear their stories and be inspired myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment