Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cancer Free...

   Well I have good news everyone. As the title says I got a call the other day that said the mole I got removed was nothing special at all. Sometimes I get desperate for something really good to write about on here but that was not at all what I had in mind. I would choose to remain boring if that's the alternative.

    So tomorrow Jesse and I get to speak at church. We are both pretty excited and most of my family will be able to be there. I also got asked to talk at a church youth conference at the end of the month. After that I will most likely be talking at a commanders call up at Kirtland. I have never been happier to be so busy. Back in the day when I had nothing important to say I would have dreaded all of this but now I can't wait. I love these opportunities to get out and give back. I hope they keep coming.

    Well I am off to hang pictures so I must wrap this up. Thank you all for reading and for all of your support. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment