Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Open House...

So I know this is a little late but I figure late is better than not at all right? The open house was a great success. Jesse and I want to thank all of those who were able to come and wish us well in our new life together. It was pretty relaxed. Jesse and I just wandered around and talked with people and munched on the sweets that all my family had made. My parents have a ton of kid toys on the other side of the yard that kept all the little ones occupied and out of the food. It was a great time to talk with a lot of people and visit with a lot of family from out of town. We all had a great time. Thank you all again for making it a success. Thank you mom and dad for letting us use your place and thanks to all my sisters and anyone I missed for helping with the food. Love ya guys!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment