I reminded him that he still has a week and a half to go but he doesn't care, he said he is going to be ready. He left enough clothes in his closet to last just the right amount of days. No, he is not to energized about having a date set.
It looks like he is also packing the door, but he isn't. It kept falling off the track so he just pulled it clear off. Whoops.
We got to participate in another exciting activity and meet some very cool people. We were invited to the organization called Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic. This company has volunteers who come and read books to be put on CD's for the blind and dyslexic to be able to listen to. These volunteers read anything from text books to kindergarten books. It was amazing. Any book that Michael, or anyone, needed to have on CD could be brought to this company and they would have it on CD in no time.
We were able to meet Steve Young and two of his children. Steve came to do some reading in the booth and we were able to watch.
I had no idea so many people are out there volunteering. From this experience that began in January, I have learned of people who read, bring flowers, give guitar lessons at no charge, share their dogs, clean the Fisher House, provide meals, give money, etc. I could go on and on. All to help others along their way. I am so grateful and I know Michael is too. He has expressed to me a number of times his amazement at how good people have been to him. As a good man, Don Dixon, said to Michael the other day, "pay it forward". If we all did that everyday, how much better could this world be!
So excited for you all! We are still so very proud to say we know you and your family members. We've definitely been laughing along with you while you've entertained yourself in CA. Can't wait to see you take on the world once you're out and on your own. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteVery happy to hear you are coming home, Michael. I have been watching your progress with a proud heart. Happy Mother's day!
ReplyDelete