Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crazy, but I love it

   My niece gave me a piece of chalk and this is what I decided to write

Good afternoon everyone! Well I am finally in charge of the story telling. I can only hope that I can keep it all as interesting as the other writers. There is a good chance that some of these posts and ideas will seem random and confusing. There is no need to worry, that is just how my mind operates and when I can only remember about one or two of the sentences before the one I am writing, separate ideas can possibly start to run together.
   First off I would like to thank my lovely new fiancee Jesse for doing the editing and posting the pictures for me. As you all know, I proposed to Jesse at the airport as soon as I knew  it was her I was hugging. Since that day there has been a whirlwind of wedding planning. I have learned that I must not have paid any attention to my sisters' weddings because I have no idea what she is talking about half the time. I do what I can though, which mostly involves watching Kae (not literally of course). So the big day has been set, we will have a private ceremony on June 25th and an open house July 10th. The open house will be at my parents house from 7:00 pm till 9:00 pm.
   So we will be leaving for Florida this coming Tuesday for the memorial. I am looking forward to talking with old friends and being at a nice warm beach for a change. I will also be speaking so I am a little nervous about that. I know what I want  to say I just hope I can remember it once I am standing at the podium.
   Well I apologize for the time it took me to finally write something. After this trip to Florida I will make sure to post more frequently. The last thing I want to do is thank everyone that had any part in the welcome home. I was expecting maybe thirty people at the most. The turnout was amazing. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for all of you and what you all have done for my family and I. I also want to thank everyone else around the country and world for reading this and supporting me and my family. The outpouring of support has been truly amazing. I am so lucky to have people like you all in my life. I truly do appreciate everything that you all have done. From the thoughts and prayers to the cards and packages I am and always will be grateful. You all are the reason that this has been worth it.

Thank you all very much, Michael

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Congratulations again!

    You amaze me, and I am so proud of you! I am a TACP Mom, and it has been great to see the show of support for you and your family. It makes it easy to know this when my two boys deploy this summer. Mychal is stationed at Ft. Riley and Andrew at Ft. Hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,

    As I was standing on the side of the road with my family waiting for you to come home. A lady came up and asked us if we knew this Michael Malarsie. We told her yes and asked if she knew you. She said "O no I just got a call from the republican party that said one of our boys is coming home, so I thought I would come out." How amazing it is that people can unite and welcome home a hero whom they dont even know. What a testimony builder for me of what a great country we live in!!

    Thanks Michael for you shinning example!

    ReplyDelete