
As I come and go from where I am staying at the Fisher House I have noticed that there are always fresh fowers thoughtout the house. I told Michael about them and we wondered who was providing them. Well, the other day Michael and I happend to meet the people that are doing it. We were at the Fisher House having lunch when an older couple joined us. We began talking and found out that this couple are the ones that come every week with fresh flowers. Their story is that some years ago the husband was in the hospital for some problems. While there, they decided that the place needed some cheering up with flowers. They began donating flowers and now years latter continue to do so and have expanded to rooms all over the hospital and the Fisher House also. Not only are these generous people spending many hours a week putting flowers all over the place but are spending their own money to do so. They were very modest as I expressed my appreciation for seeing fresh flowers all the time.


Another older couple who volunteer their time are a husband and wife who have dogs. They used to raise show dogs and put them in shows all over the country. After doing that for while, they wanted to do something else with their dogs. They now have service dogs and bring two dogs to the blind school every Friday to visit with whoever wants to visit the dogs. It is amazing to see the smiles on peoples faces as they pet these friendly dogs. As you can see from one of the pictures, one of the dogs, Nash, tried to crawl right up into Michael's lap. The dog was to big and couldn't but you could tell he would have if he could- no doubt Michael would have let him. Michael has always loved dogs....and cats. We always had both while Michael was growing up.
A big Thank You to all to help make other people smile.
It is so nice to see people doing things like the flowers and the dogs,it is refreshing,because there is so much negative these days.GOD bless Michael and all the Malarsie family.
ReplyDeleteBrad's Papaw Don