Thursday, August 5, 2010
Ideas...
So as all of you are well aware of I have been spending the last few months trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I know that I want to stay in the military but I have been trying to figure out what I can do within the Air Force. The most exciting idea I have had is broadcasting. I am not sure what the military has that deals with that but I think I could rock a radio station. This is the best idea I have had so far but I want to now open the polls to all of you. Let me knkow all of the ideas you guys can come up with. I appreciate the help that you can lend me. Thanks to all of you for reading and God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Michael!!! I am surprised no one has commented yet. I don't know you, but have followed your story and think from what I have seen and heard, you would make a great radio personality. You would also be able to give a perspective that no one else could. I am an Air Force Mom and find it peaceful in a strange way, that you would like to continue your career in the Air Force. I can't explain it, but I am proud that you are willing to continue to give.....may God Bless you in all that you choose to do!
ReplyDeleteMichael, the commandant of the Defense Information School (DINFOS) is in our ward. He's an Army 0-6 that has been a Public Affairs officer for 30 years or so. I asked him what jobs might be available in the military in the area of broadcasting, and he couldn't think of any off of the top of his head, but he said he'd ask some of his buddies and get back to me.
ReplyDeleteLinguistics might be good because a lot of the work is listening intensive, and if you get really fluent in the language being an interrogator could be interesting. If the AF doesn't have anything, there are some other Gov't Agencies that most likely do, and are still in the DoD, so your time in the AF will count towards retirement. Check out the State Dept, NSA, DIA, CIA, or FBI websites...they may have some contact info for you to call somebody up and ask. If you plan on applying to one of those places, and need a reference from within, just let me know and I may be able to find somebody. Take care and God bless. Congrats with everything that's going on with your new little family.
Motivational Speaker! You motivated a classroom of 5th graders who never met you! =)
ReplyDelete