So Jesse, my parents, and myself got to spend some time on Kirtland on Friday. I was asked by a family friend to come to the commanders call and share my story with the members of the wing. If my memory is correct, it is called the Space Development and Test Wing. Sorry if I got parts of that wrong but it is close. It was my first commanders call since before I deployed and even though I was not part of the wing here it felt good to be back in the environment. I am really starting to miss work believe it or not and I am eager and excited to get back to it. We had the pleasure of hearing about some of the things that they do here at Kirtland and I must say it sounds pretty awesome. All sorts of things from satelites to space stations, to rockets. I had no idea that all this was going on right in my backyard all of this time. Anyway, I got to stand up and share my experiences and thoughts with this great group of people and it went great (at least thats what they tell me, I dunno if its true). It was a great time and who knows, maybe after all of this is said and done, I'll find myself working in a building nearby.
The last thing I want to do before Jesse and I take off to DC tomorrow is say good luck to all of my friends from Riley that are either over in the sand right now or are getting ready to leave. I guess I can add those of you who just got back also. I want to thank you all for the support that you have given me through this and I want to thank you for your bravery to head over there even after all of this happened. Thank you all for letting me still feel like one of the guys and being there for me. I wish I could put all of your names here but I know I would run out of time or miss someone or something. I just want to make sure I thank you all and may God bless you all for the things you are doing out there. Keep your heads down fellas and God bless.
Thank you all for reading and for all of your support. It has changed my life for the better. I will write again after the trip to DC.
And thanks mom for the pictures.
Newlyweds






No comments:
Post a Comment