Friday, August 27, 2010
OH-tmeal surprise...
So yesterday morning Jesse and I decided to have breakfast in our room. I ordered a delicious All American breakfast with scrambled eggs, crispy hash browns, juicy bacon, and fresh strawberries. Jesse ordered oatmeal in a nice wide mouthed bowl. Our room only has one desk with room only for one person. Since I am most likely to make a mess I was the one elected to sit at the desk. As a consequence Jesse sat on the bed to eat. Since she had a smaller amount of food she finished first and headed to the bathroom to do her makeup. I finished my meal and had to make a phone call. As I walked around the room talking I decided to sit on the edge of the bed away from where I thought Jesse had left her meal. As I sat I heard the crash of dishes and felt the sliding of a bowl beneath my butt. I immediately jumped to my feet knowing what I had done. I felt the back of my pants and sure enough, there was the oatmeal that Jesse had placed on the bed. Since I was talking I made no hint to what had happened, I instead just walked over to Jesse in the bathroom and turned around. I wish I could have seen her face to go along with the reaction that I heard. "REALLY! I was not done eating that!!" I stood quietly and removed my shirt there next to her while she stood shaking her head at me. I wrapped up my conversation perhaps a little faster than normal and turned to Jesse. With oatmeal all over my pants I just started to laugh. Jesse couldn't resist and started to laugh with me. We continued laughing as she dried the back of my pants with the hair dryer, since I only brought two pairs of jeans with me. After a change of my wardrobe we headed out to start our day. This trip has been pretty great so far. We have made some good new friends, experienced things that most people won't, and made some great memories. Thank you all for reading and for all of your support. We will post pictures when we get home but until then God bless and have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is oatmeal on the pants, like egg on the face?
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip.
Blessings.