Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Saturday, August 21, 2010

Parade...

    So Jesse and I had the honor of being in the parade early this month in Bosque Farms. The local Bosque Farms Fair Parade. It was the first time that I have ever been in a parade let alone sitting up on the back of a Mustang waving like some sort of beauty pagent queen. It was a really awesome experience though. We led the parade and Jesse told me which direction to wave in and told me what the people were doing. We decided that when we passed my family we would grab Kadence from them and let her ride with us thinking she would love it. Well we were a little surprised when she started crying when we got her in the car. Unfortunately for her, we were already moving down the road and we couldn't get her back out in time. I suppose she would rather play with her cousins then ride in a parade. After the cousins were out of sight, however, she had a great time waving to people who were waving at all of us. It was an honor to be asked to do this for my home town, Bosque Farms. I want to thank them again for asking me to participate. We all had a great time.



After the parade we went and hung out at the fair for a little while with friends and family. They had blow up obsticle course that all the kids were running through. I, of course, had to try it. I talked my sister, Lisa ,into running through it with me. It was a blast. I kinda want one of my own now ha ha.


Here I am holding my niece, Wren.

Well thank you all for everything you do for me and thank you for reading. I will always be grateful for the things you all have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment