Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Return to Walter Reed...
When I learned that we were coming to DC, I immediately knew that I wanted to take some time and go back to Walter Reed to thank the people that did so much for me while I was there. Today I had that chance. We walked in and up to ward 58, my old home. As I was explaining to the lady at the desk who I was and what I wanted, I heard a gasp from behind me and all work in that ward stopped for the next fifteen minutes. It was so great to hear all of those familiar voices again and this time actually be able to talk back to them. They were so excited to see Jesse and me, and it was great to talk with them.We talked about old times, some of which I couldn't remember at all. I have pictures from today but can't yet get them off the camera but I want to tell all of the staff there at Walter Reed thank you for all that you did. I know I only met a very small group that were involved with me and I wish I could go back and meet the rest. It was so good to be back there as a visitor this time. Those nurses truely are amazing and they have had an impact on me that I can never thank them enough for. I also had the pleasure of meeting some of the doctors that worked on me. I remember many mornings of "the rounds". To me it was a lot of mornings of poking and prodding. These doctors have had an instrumental role in my recovery. They all did so much and worked so hard for me to get me back on the road to recovery. I remember so many things that they all did for me and I will never be able to thank them enough. Walter Reed is full of so many people that will have my thanks for all of my life. I had no idea that so many wonderful people could all work in the same place. I was truely lucky to be where I was and meet the people I did. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for everything you did for me. I hope it won't be my last visit there and I hope to keep in contact with most of you. We will post the pictures as soon as we are able so you all can see the people that helped me so much. Thank you Walter Reed. I hope I can visit all those I know that I missed at some later point in life but if not, I hope they somehow find this and read that I am truely grateful. Thank you all for reading and again, have a great night. God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so great you went back to thank the Dr.s and Nurses, like they said they dont get to see very many people after they are doing well I am sure it makes them feel so good!
ReplyDelete