Growing up I was always finding ways to get my adrenalin pumping.
Thanks to some awesome friends here on base I got to do it again yesterday.
For the second time in my life, and the first time blind, I got to try out wake boarding!!
I fell on my first try getting up but after that it was a breeze…well getting up was. Not staying up.
It took me a handful of attempts just to figure out which way I was drifting so I could prepare myself to hit the wake.
I had a couple of really awesome wipeouts but most everything went really well!
By the time we left I made it out of the wake and just rode off to the right of the boat.
I thought about trying to cut across the wake again but those earlier wipe outs prevented me from trying…well that and the fact that I don't know how to turn left yet.
Videos have been taken and as soon as I get them I will get someone to post them here!
Thanks for reading! God bless!
Fun! Sounds to me like you did as well as most sighted people! Does not surprise me.
ReplyDelete