Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, June 1, 2012

Kidney Stone: 2 Me: 0

    It is official. This kidney stone is kicking my rear.

     The first point went to it when I had to go to the ER in intense pain and ended up staying there for about six hours.

    I thought today I would strike back and end it all. I went in for the surgery and it turns out that my young strong body was my downfall.

    The doctor basically said that since I am not a saggy old man yet they couldn't get the laser in far enough to reach the kidney stone. They had to put in a stint to widen the path for a retry on the 11th.

     Basically I woke up feeling raped and peeing fire with nothing to show for it.

    We are on the right path now I suppose though. Soon enough I will be good as new…if not as innocent as before.

    The only good news of the day…at least the doctor was a girl. small comfort but every little bit counts. Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment