Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, June 8, 2012

Lose those extra pounds!

    I know everyone as some point or another wants to lose a few extra pounds. There are tons of products available now that promise you will lose weight. The problem? They either don't work or they cost a fortune, not anymore. I have two proven methods that work and, with proper preparation, won't cost you a thing.
    The first plan is the wired jaw. I spent six and a half months with my jaw wired shut and, I must confess, this is a very good way to lose weight. Just ask my family! While I was laid up in Walter Reed Hospital I was lean and mean! I lost somewhere around 15lbs and it didn't take any effort at all!
    Side effects? Well the wires will probably poke the inside of your mouth all the time and it is a little uncomfortable. It's not that bad thought. The hospital can provide you with some nice wax that you can pack your mouth with. Keep in mind that your days of solid food are over. You will have soup and smoothies until your diet is over. Hardly a sacrifice right?

    Your probably wondering what the second method is right? Well it is what I am going through now. That's right! Kidney stones!
    Now I am not sure why I am losing weight so that in itself is something you should know. We think that it is probably muscle weight that I am losing but weight is weight!
    I have lost about 7lbs now and may add some more to the total before it's all said and done.
    This is my less preferred method, however. Side effects are intense pain, discomfort, frequent urination, and a lack of motivation to do anything at all.
    I mentioned that with proper preparation these won't cost you a dime. All you need to do is make sure you have health insurance and you are all set! Just kick back, relax, pop your pain killers and watch the pounds melt away!
   I hope you enjoy these summer weight loss plans! Take it from me folks, these work! Umm…you should probably ask your doctor before starting these weight loss plans.

    Also, I am not responsible for any outcome…at all.

 Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment