Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Kidney Stone Update...

    This experience is certainly not one that I would recommend. From the first moment all I have been hearing are things like how this is the closest thing to having a baby a man can go through…not something to help a guy rest at ease.

   As I said before the stint (or however you spell it) is in place and I guess just making the roadway nice and clear for the laser.

    Luckily it is not a painful process. The worse was about four days after the attempted surgery. I hurt to move, hurt to pee, hurt to do pretty much anything. I am thankful for the wonderful pain killers they provided me with.

   The last few days have ben mostly pain free but certainly not comfortable. I can tell right where that thing is inside me and I just feel abnormal.

    Not too bad though. Tomorrow is the repeat of my pre admission appointment then we go for the gold on Monday.

   Let's all cross our fingers for a successful attempt and an easy recovery!

    

    Thank you all for keeping up on all the fun and excitement that is my life! I know I am not the best blogger around but sometimes I just can't think of anything to say. Feel free to help out. If you have questions or want to know something just drop me a line. I am always open to new topics and ideas!

 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment