As I am sure you all know, I like to do things. Anything and everything. I love to be going and just busy.
the inability to hop in my car and go somewhere when the mood struck was the hardest thing to get used to. My first year at home after leaving the blind center was extremely difficult for me.
I went from a single guy with a lot on his plate to being married with one kid, a pregnant wife, and nothing at all to do. The transition was really hard.
Things are a lot better now. I am busy for the most part and rarely get the bug to just get out of the house and go somewhere.
The kidney stone has changed things. I have basically been laid up at the house. No working out, no running, basically nothing at all. Frustrating at times but something has happened in my house that has made it all worth it.
Sophie is old enough now to interact and let her feelings be known. In all my experience with nephews and nieces, they always want mom for everything. When they are hungry, hurt, sad, bored, and everything in between.
Since I have been home so much I have been lucky enough to bond with this little lady and she melts my heart when she runs to me for nothing more than to just have me hold her.
There have been times when she has been hurt and has come to me. She has even leapt out of Jesse's arms to get to me a few times. It is such an amazing thing to experience.
Sophie always checks on me when I am in a different room and looks for me when I have been gone for a while. Having my mobility limited has really turned into an amazing blessing for me.
All I need to do now is rewire Kadence the same way…her and her mommy have a very special bond and it is precious to watch the two of them together. It is very clear the Kate just adores Jesse.
I don't know why but I have been blessed with such an amazing family. These girls are amazing.
I know this soft and mushy stuff isn't really my style but the mood just struck me today and I felt like I should share how much I love these girls and how fortunate I am to live my life. Things really can't get much better around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment