So Xxon took a little trip to the vet and we learned that he had gotten blisters on the bottoms of his feet, most likely from walking on the streets and sidewalks, and during his game of fetch they popped on the rocks.
First of all, I feel ridiculous for letting this happen. We have some of those dumb doggy shoes that he hates so much but I didn't think we needed them yet. We've been in Texas for two summers prior to this one and we have never had any problems before. A learning experience for everyone involved to be sure. Sorry X ole buddy.
They gave us some pain killers to help him out and boy did those work. Just a few hours after taking one he was at the door with his ball wanting to go out and play some more. He's a trooper for sure. Four days later he isn't limping and I'm constantly having to tell him to take it easy. He keeps trying to wrestle with our other dog Jayce and runs out the door every time I open it for him. He is tough to keep laid up.
In other news, the last few things needing to be done around the house here are the fence and the landscaping. It seems like we've been waiting forever and trying to get everything set up. People kept making offers then backing out without giving us a reason or often times any notice at all. It's been a little frustrating.
Fortunately the ball has begun to roll! As I write this the landscaping company is installing sleeves under the sidewalk for a drip system in the front of the house. Once done with that they are going to go around and kill all the massive weeds everywhere.
As far as I understand the next step is the sprinkler system out back, then top soil and sod which we went out and tested at our local grass store or whatever it's called.
Once they do all that they are going to be laying down that fabric stuff that goes under rocks and covering the front yard with that. We've been eagerly awaiting this and I can't wait to actually run around on some grass with the kids!
The little girls are keeping an eye on the progress.
We also had a fencing company come out yesterday and give us a quote on the fence that will go around our backyard. They actually get to charge us more for the rocky terrain they need to dig through.
Once these last few projects are finished this house will be complete! We have a room or two to finish painting, some decorations to hang, and a few other odds and ends to take care of and it will be complete!
We are so grateful for everyone who has been a part of this amazing process from start till finish. It is amazing to walk through this house and know that it is ours all because of the generosity of others. This is what America means to us. This is Americans at their finest. This is why people like myself walk into harms way. To protect the way of life that gives us opportunities to help others and make life better for those who are struggling to get back on their feet.
I'm working on getting the VA process started to begin school…I don't know what I want to do but I want to pay this forward. With that in mind, we are taking this new life one step at a time.
God bless you all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment