Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Moving Up in the World

     Ok so I wanted to share a little information with you all and I promise I'm not going to start advertising here on this blog but I do want to get the word out just one time!
     I landed a pretty awesome sponsor for my How to be Blind venture and I just want to share it with you once because it really is a good deal and I can definitely use the help.
     The sponsor is Audible which is the best provider of audio books out there. Tons of titles, every genre imaginable, easy to use, and available on any and every mobile device. No it's not just for blind people either. I know a ton of people who listen to audiobooks while they drive to work or do yard work so it's not just something blind people and weird sighted people do.
     You get a monthly token that you can redeem for any audiobook of your choice  When you sign up through me you get your first month and first book for free. You can cancel any time and keep the book or keep the account and pay just $15 a month and have a new token each month.
     I'm pretty excited about this because it helps the show feel a little more official and it will definitely help me offset the cost of running htb2.com. If you want to support us, want more information or want that free audiobook then visit www.audiblepodcast.com/howtobeblind. Like I said, sign up, pick your book, then cancel if you want to…I'll bet you won't want to though once you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment