Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Tuesday, June 18, 2013

GetOut Weirdo

Have you ever had a complete stranger walk through your front door thinking where you live is a model house? Until today I would have said no to that question. We were all sitting in the living room hanging out. The kids were playing and Jesse was giving little Jack a snack. I was probably playing on my phone or something. I heard a noise over by the front door and didn't think much of it until I heard an unfamiliar voice say something in what I think was spanish. It was either that or heavily accented english. My first thought was that maybe we ad left the front door open and one of the landscapers needed a bathroom or something. I got up and just asked what he was doing. I was totally confused. As I walked over to him in the entrance way he asked, "Is this a model home?" "No, this is my home" I said back to him. "Isn't this 2328?" "No this is my house, not a model." I couldn't believe this guy. Jesse got there at this point and took over. She started to explain to him that the model was a little ways down the street and indeed, not here. I still can't believe we practically had to convince this guy we really lived here. I was about to smack him in the face with the deed. It was pretty weird. I can only imagine how he feels right now though ha ha!!! I was joking later on that he better be careful walking into random houses here in Texas or he's going to get himself shot. Most people don't take kindly to strangers creeping in their front door whispering in a different language.. He is just lucky that Xxon and Jayce were locked in the office since one of the workers had to come in the house a little earlier. Needless to say we are now keeping our front door locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment