Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, August 5, 2011

Pictures from our move...



So...I haven't written about the move. I know Jess has but our family blog is private now so I guess that won't work. I will just have some pics posted.
 my mom drove us to Texas. That is my Bamboo plant. It rode there the whole way down.
 It rained pretty good the first night. At Fort Stockton, TX
 hanging out at TLF

 Jess and I helping the movers check off the items as they come off the truck
 checking out the new place
 first things first, setting up the drums
 Xxon loves the grassy backyard
we love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment