So a couple of days agoI asked Jesse to get me back to the start of this blog. I wanted to see if there ere things that I had not heard. There is quite a bit. We sat down and read until about the 18th of January so far and we discovered that I have not heard any of what was written so early in my recovery.
It is very hard to put into words the emotions and thoughts that were running through me. I remember some of the stuff written about from going through it but it put a whole new perspective on how it was effecting my family and friends. For me, it was not so emotionally destructive and difficult. I took all those things that were happening one day at a time and overcame them. It is so hard to hear how my family dealt with the changes though.As I heard their thoughts and worries for the first time I was overcome with sadness for their pain and sorrow for what they went through. I have tried to imagine how it would be to have to watch as a family member went through the things I did and I can't even begin to get a real grasp on it;. Jesse and I both had tears in our eyes not very long into the reading.
This again has proven to me how important family and friends and just general support from strangers is. I am so blessed to have the family and friends I do. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my injuries have taken a much larger toll on them then it did on myself.
I am so grateful for the things that were done for me. From my family that sat by my side, to my friends that visited, to the letters and cards and phone calls from complete strangers showing their support. Those things were so huge for my family and I.I am so grateful to all of you who have shown your support for us through this blog. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for the things you all have done.
It feels like I am rambling but that isjust how the thoughts are running through my head.I have been so blessed to have so many wonderful people involved in my life. Thank you all so much.
As I prepare to start working with other wounded service members I want to ask those of you who are able to do it again for others. Cards, letters, pictures, and small gestures like someone getting me a radio made a major difference. There are new wounded coming home from war all the time. If you can do anything to help any of them I ask that you do. The more help and support for our wounded the better off they will all be. I know first hand how much it can help and I want to help these other people coming home now.
I am so grateful to be in this country that has so many people living in its boarders. I am grateful to know so many amazing people personally. I know how big of a difference you all have made in my life and the lives of my familiy. Don't let it stop with me. There will always be people that need our help to make their days brighter. thank you all so much. God bless you all and God bless this great country we live in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment