Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Monday, August 29, 2011

Helping the neighbor boy.....




The neighbor boy was kicking his ball and it landed on Michael's roof and got stuck.  The little boy was sad and said "well, there goes my new birthday ball".  Michael offered to get it for him and, of course, his mother and wife were totally against that.  Couldn't we just buy him a new one? But no, Michael assured us and insisted he was perfectly capable of getting it.  He was right.  Becoming blind has not slowed him down much.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I have much respect and admiration for you. Thanks for doing what you are doing. I am glad I finally got to read your blog. I have placed a link of yours on mine. I will keep up with it. Much respect!

    Sergio Meneses (TACP)

    ReplyDelete