Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Day!!!

    Well today is the big day everyone. I am on my last few hours of being a single guy. Last night the guys and I went out to a Brazillian restaurant called Tucanos and we all pretty much ate ourselves into food induced comas. They came out and announced that I was getting married and banged on a drum and sang a song. After we struggled to walk back to the cars and drove home I figured I would fall right asleep and rest soundly, but of course thats not ever what happens. I think I was able to sleep about two hours and I have been wide awake ever since. I am way too excited to sleep at all. Today seemed so far away but here it finally is and it is still weird to think of myself as a married man. I have not been kept awake by anything for a while so I know I am excited. Well I know I am rambling I just wanted to thank you all for all of the support and everything you have done for me. I will be gone until the third so keep an eye out for a post by my mom or a sister or something about the wedding.Last but not least, we are having an open house at my parents house on the tenth of July from seven till nine at night. If anyone wants to come, you are more than welcome to. Email me if you need the address. Thanks again and I will have a lot of Vegas pictures next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment