Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 good reasons to be blind...

    So I decided that today I would write a fast list of 10 good reasons to be blind. The wedding has things crazy around here but I got a break for this.

1. The sun is never is my eyes.
2. With no use for lightbulbs I can save a fortune on my electricity bill(Except for when someone turns the light on in my room and doesn't tell me and I sleep with it on all night).
3. My personal bubble is tiny, if it isn't in contact with my body it doesn't bother me.
4. I never have to watch the Bacholorette with Jesse. Even if I am in the room.
5.I can promise my wife to be that I will never check out another girl and actually keep the promise.
6. Someday when I can actually go under the water I won't have to wear goggles or close my eyes.
7. Nothing ever looks moldy, and with my messed up taste food will be fresh forever!
8. I am safe from the "Does this make me look fat?" question.
9. I now have more gadgets than James Bond.
10.I am never tempted by the candy at the check out line at the grocery store.

4 comments:

  1. Michael you are so hilarious! and always amaze me we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! That was hysterical.... My co-workers think I've lost it cause I'm laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, You are a champ. And you are safe until you get to reason #8. "Does this make me look fat?"... The question will now be "Do these jeans make my butt FEEL fat?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful sense of humor!!! Loved it :) I completely agree with #4 ( the Bachelorette) you for sure are not missing anything!! The Bachelor is even worse!

    Best wishes to you and your "soon to be" beautiful wife :)

    ReplyDelete