If you've been reading this blog then you know that blind people end up in unique situations just because of blindness. It's a fact of life and it's something I actually really enjoy. It breaks up the day.
Jesse and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary in the end of June and I got her a stuffed animal with some flowers and other things. She has grown quite fond of the little bear and it's managed to find it's way into our bed.
This has been fine and dandy until the other night. I was up late working on the new website and by the time I headed to bed Jesse was already sleeping soundly.
Unfortunately I'm not very sneaky and after crashing my way across the room to bed she was stirring. for some reason when Jesse is in bed and awake she talks…a lot. So I knew as soon as she started moving that she would start talking. Which she did. Normally she says some really weird things which I love laughing at but this time she just muttered a little and rolled back over.
I leaned over to kissed her on the head before going to sleep but hesitated when her hair felt a little different. I put both hands out and discovered that instead of kissing her I was kissing the teddy bear that I had bought for her. Right on it's little nose too.
Now of course any self respecting man would never want to admit to putting the moves on a stuffed animal but I thought this was too good to keep quiet. I tried to pretend like nothing happened so she wouldn't notice but it didn't work. She heard me laughing at myself and of course had to ask what was going on.
I can't get anywhere near that bear now without some joke being made.
Aside from making out with stuffed animals things are progressing nicely around the house. Most of the grass is down and starting to turn green and the fence is all finished. It's so nice to know that dogs and kids aren't running away anymore.
I am getting closer to finally having all the pieces in place to head to Austin a few times a week to row. I am very very excited about getting this started! I think transportation is figured out and now I just need to get the rowing center on the phone and work out a plan.
The website malarsie.com where people can book me to speak is up and running. Most of the important aspects of the website are finished too. Emails, bio, topics, and the like are all in place and other than small tweaks and minor additions over time everything has been published and is working as far as I can tell.
The motivational/public speaking career is going to be something I really enjoy and now that we just ordered business cards I feel like i'm finally moving on to the next chapter of life. I can't wait.
I want to ask all of you for a favor too. We made a Facebook page for me that will cover my speaking career and travels and I would greatly appreciate it if you all would like the page then share it with your friends. A speaking career won't go far without a little publicity so if you can share then please do and if you know of organizations or people who may need a motivational speaker be sure to send them to the Facebook page or to malarsie.com.
Thank you all so much and thank you for reading!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment