Today started off with an interview on Connecticut Style with Teresa LaBarbera. I got to sit down with Teresa and Fidelco CEO Eliot Russman to share a bit of my story and talk about the upcoming Ride for Independence. That interview went great and should be on the air tomorrow at 12:30EST so it should be available online soon after that. I'll do my best to track down a link to share with you all.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/ct_style/fidelco-guide-dog-foundation-for-independence#.Uenk1xafeX1
Right after we headed over to Aetna which is an insurance company and a supporter of Fidelco and their mission to provide the best German Shepherd guide dogs to blind people. When we got there, some of the other staff members had a few tables set up and we did a little more promoting for the Ride. It's funny how losing my vision has turned me into such a people person. I love these sorts of things and getting to meet all kinds of different people.
Once that was finished, we headed back to Fidelco for a couple meetings and Xxon and I were greeted by the woman who raised him from a puppy for Fidelco. X is a very spoiled boy. He got a gift basket full of toys and treats that he wouldn't stop trying to get out of the bag. He was so happy to see her again and we had a great time talking and catching up on the new changes in life.
From there we went to dinner then back to Channel 8 for an interview with Ann Nyberg who I must say is an amazing lady. I have heard that everyone in this part of the country knows who she is and she has her own show named after her.
All photos courtesy of Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation
When I got back to my room I looked her up and yes, she is a big deal. Usually when I meet these important people it's not hard to tell after talking with them for a little while that they are important or at least think they are. Sometimes there is an air about a person that is just easy to pick up on. Talking with Ann was such a treat. She was one of the most genuine people I've met and the interview with her felt like I was talking with a friend and I honestly forgot that there were cameras pointed in our faces the whole time. I understand now why she has been so successful.
I was able to share a lot of my story and talk a lot about Fidelco and how Xxon has helped me over the last two and a half years. She was even kind enough to talk with me about the new website and the goals I have for the future. I think it was one of the best interviews I've ever had.
It was a busy but great day and I feel like everything went really well. The interview with Ann will be on the air next week and we will have links to it for you all to view.
Thank you so much to Channel 8, Teresa LaBarbera, Ann Nyberg, Fidelco, and of course everyone I've met throughout the day who made this all happen. Day one down and it's already been a success. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the Ride on Sunday!
Thank you all for reading and God bless!




No comments:
Post a Comment