I must say, retirement at 25 is not as awesome as I imagined it would be. Fortunately, we keep ourselves busy! There are lot's of trips on the schedule and as your all probably aware of I can't just sit still and do nothing. That's much too difficult for me.
We have some awesome neighbors here who we have gotten quite close with. The husband is in a wheel chair because the Air Force screwed up a simple surgery and they ended up having to amputate his legs then tell him he doesn't deserve any benefits. Obviously there's much more to the story but that's for someone else to tell.
I bring him up because he is quite an awesome dude. He picked me up the other day so we could go do a little Mother's Day shopping. We ended up at Bass Pro…for about 4 hours…spent lot's of time looking at guns and even went to the shooting range. Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot of shopping for the wives done. We had fun though. He is also my Walking Dead pal since my wife refuses to watch anything remotely scary. We're all the way up to the start of season 3 and his narration is quite good!
In case you don't know, because I didn't, they can modify vehicles for someone without legs to drive. It works more or less like a boat. There's a throttle and when you pull back it goes and when you push forward it stops. Before I learned this I had been planning a way to just move the steering wheel to his side and keep the gas and break pedals on my side ha ha. Anything is possible with a little teamwork!
Anyway, one of the guns we got to shoot was his AR 15, and guess what, it didn't manage to run away from us and shoot random bystanders! Amazing right!
This was my first time shooting a rifle since going blind and it was SWEET!!! The first round may or may not have gone into the ceiling instead of the target, who can be sure. I can say that once I got myself all lined up that target got pounded! I love shooting!
So in case you didn't notice the URL for this blog is now www.malarsie.com. I figured that it's finally time to make this thing official and I wanted to get that domain name before some other Malarsie tried to take it! You can still type mmalarsie.blogspot.com but it will just forward you here so you might as well make it easy on yourself.
In other news, I decided to run another half marathon. It's called the California International Marathon and I have all the way till December to get my rear into shape! I need it too. It's swimming weather here and my bod is not quite ready for display.
I appreciate you all for reading this and I still plan on getting better at keeping this updated!
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment