Last Saturday we had a little get together with some friends to relax and let them see the new house. A good friend of ours has a sweet little 65 Corvette Stingray and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride in it. Of course there's only one answer to that question right?
We headed out through the neighborhood and ended up a few miles away at the clubhouse. As we pulled in he stopped and asked me if I knew how to drive a stick. I responded that all through high school the car I drove was a stick and he asked me,
"Want to drive?"
Again, there's only one answer to that question. We switched seats and off we went. It took a minute to get the feel for the clutch but I never stalled or popped it once. As I drove, he would call out which way I needed to turn and I would do it.
I never even took it out of first gear but good grief that car has some power. I left my drivers license at home after all and I didn't want to get busted without it.
I drove it all the way back to our house and pulled in the driveway and up to the front door to the obvious surprise of everyone there. I'm stoked that the first car I drove as a blind guy was this one.
Thanks Chief! I won't tell your kids you let me drive it before them ha ha.
My family.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment