Since being injured it seems like we have had to wait for everything. Months to get out of the hospital, weeks to get wires off my teeth, months to move to Texas…you get the idea. My dad would say something about how getting married was the only thing we didn't wait for ha ha.
Well I have some great news. We found out Monday that as of today I am officially a Staff Sergeant! No more eternal Senior Airman!
In the grand scheme of things it really hasn't been that long. On the other hand however, I have seen a handful of newbies I trained at my old unit the 10th ASOS put on Ssgt. a while ago (MacDonald).
I got a call Monday saying that I needed to go and get new stripes sewn on my uniforms before Thursday! It was short notice but honestly the shorter the better when it comes to this. The anticipation of some things is better kept short.
I want to thank everyone who played a part in making this happen. It feels really good to be out of the Airman tier and finally a NCO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment