"The crew of Whistler 88 offloaded 150,000 lbs of fuel to a B1B Lancer, 2 F15E Strike Eagles, 2 A10C Warthogs, 2 F/A18E Super Hornets, and a GR4 Tornado, in support of OEF Coalition forces on the ground."
"We dedicate this flag to Mike's courage, his families' sacrifice and to all those who have given their lives in defense of this country. We wish you a speedy recovery!"
This is what the plaque reads on this flag that arrived at our house today. It is now on display in our kitchen where everyone can see it.
I received a message a few days ago from the TACP schoolhouse saying that they were doing some cleaning out and came across this flag. They weren't sure why it was still there but it made its way to us in no time at all.
I want to thank all of those who took the time and effort to fly this flag and get this case put together. It is absolutely beautiful…or so I am told, and it is an honor to have a flag flown in my name.
I knew the inscription was good when Jesse burst into tears and could barely get the words out. Pregnancy hormones must be rough...
Thanks to everyone again for this beautiful case and for what you have all done. It is an honor to be able to say that I was part of the greatest military on earth. God bless you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment