Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Friday, November 16, 2012

Rock 'N' Roll!

No the race did not kill me if that is what your all wondering. I know it has been almost a week since I talked about it but we were waiting on pictures to be available.

 

Here are the stats for my first half marathon:

Finish time" 2 hours 3 minutes 32 seconds

Placed 2532 overall out of 16,507 (half marathon runners that is,, total was more than 27,000)

placed 207 out of 725 in my division

Placed 1,691 out of 6,390 in gender category 

 

    It is truly amazing what can be accomplished with a little hard work. The hardest part about these 13.1 miles was keeping my mind occupied, oh and dodging the dorks that kept stopping in front of us. People can be so oblivious.

    I feel like this is pretty decent for a first attempt at this but i know that I can do better. I was pretty surprised how heavy my legs felt around mile 11. Since my time was over two hours I am going to have to do this again to get it under the two hour mark. I know I can do it, so why not? Rock N Roll 2

1 comment: