Yesterday morning Xxon and I had to head over to Wilford Hall for a couple of appointments.
The morning was normal, I let the dogs out, fed them, let them out again, sat around a little, then we got picked up and headed over.
We got inside and headed to our first meeting. I walked in the room and took his harness off so he could say like he usually does. Instead of looking around the room though and letting people pet him he just layed right down on the floor. I thought it was a little weird but we pressed on with business.
We wrapped up about fifteen minutes later and I had to head across the building for a different appointment.
Normally when I grab the harness and stand up X shoots up and is right next to me. This time he just layer there. He didn't even lift his head. I knew he wasn't feeling well.
I convinced him to stand up and got him ready to go and we headed off. Now normally Xxon likes to speed walk, which I love, but this time we were getting passed by people with walkers with tennis balls on the legs. It was so weird for him to walk so slow.
We had made a few comments about him not feeling well but there was nothing I could do to help him at the moment so we just pressed on. As we rounded one of the corners I felt him lower his head and slow down a little more…strange.
Turns out the poor guy was removing his breakfast from his stomach and placing in on the hospital floor. Not my favorite thing to deal with.
We got it cleaned up and pressed on. Any time we stopped the poor dog would just lay down and wouldn't move. I could tell he was having a rough time.
We finally got finished and got a ride home. He seemed to be doing a little better once we made it back. I decided to give him a little bit of food since he threw it all up.
No more than ten minutes later he started to throw it up again. He got to wait outside while I cleaned and mopped the kitchen floor.
I made him spend the rest of the day just laying around. I had to hide all the tennis balls in a place he can't see them and I had to keep the other dog away.
By the afternoon there was a noticeable difference in him. His tail was wagging again and he was up and moving around.
I am still now sure what exactly happened but he is back to his normal self again today. I took both dogs on a walk this morning and was glad to see that Xxon is back to his normal pace.
He even found the bag up tennis balls so they are spread all over the house, he is in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment