Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Thursday, November 10, 2011

Step promotions...

   So there has been a little chat about promotions around here. Unfortunately nothing is actually happening...at least as far as I know but talk is a good start.
     So since I am unable to study for the promotion test and am out of my career field I can't take the test for promotion. There has been talk about trying to get the AF to change some rules around and get things set up so I can be competitive. I think this is VERY important. I absolutely want to stay in but if I do I want to be able to compete with everyone else. I am already being passed in rank by guys that came in after me and it's drivin me bonkers.
    There has been some good talk about a step promotion to Staff Sergeant. This would be awesome...for now. Again, I want to be able to compete with the rest of the AF. I have had a few folks tell me I should push for a field comission but unfortunately the aAF is not like the other branches of service and they do not do such things. I think it's a great idea of course.
    There are a load of ways to fix the issues that are in front of me. This is my next challenge to overcome. We shall see what happens!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Veteran's Day Malarsie! Thanks for all you do!

    Michelle Noyes
    Silver Creek Elementary
    Troy, Illinois

    ReplyDelete