Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Selene...


 For a long time now I have been trying to convince Jesse to let me get a cat. She has never been a major fan of cats and in the past has had allergic reactions to them. Well I have learned that a little pressure in certain areas can create results so I pressured Jesse.

It really helped when Kadence jumped on the band wagon and started to ask for a cat too.

Well on Veterans Day I posted a status that said something like

"Kiss a Veteran today. They deserve it"

When Jesse saw that she came right over and gave me a kiss. She then got on Facebook and commented saying she could check that box.

I immediately got on and posted a new status that said

"Buy your veteran a cat today. They deserve it", and challenged her to check that box.

I would like to now introduce to you all Selene. My new cat!!!! She is eight months old and is totally awesome. She is the friendliest cat I have ever met. Her and the dog get along great which is awesome. She also loves people and will even occasionally sit by Kadence when she is not being chased by her.

Things have been awesome. We had a small issue with Xxon thinking what the cat left in the litter box were treats for him but after catching him once in the act he has not done it again.

Kate has been walking around talking about the "glitter box" and kitty "glitter". We haven't corrected her yet. It's too cute.

If your curious her name came from the Underworld movies. My absolute favorite actress Kate Beckinsale is in that movie and her name is Selene. I figure that since this will be the closest I will ever get to having any interaction with Kate I would name my cat after one of her characters.
     I will end by saying that I have the best wife ever. She spoils me and I love it. I love you Jesse!!!
She sure loves to cuddle!!!
Kadence is thrilled!
This is exactly why I wanted a cat
She even like Harry Potter!

1 comment:

  1. Selene looks adorable! Wondering about Xxon ever trying to pick her up in his mouth ? We got a cat recently too and that has been a little problem - wonder if it is because my German Shepard is a girl? (Fixed but instinct may be playing a part too) Anyway - happy you prevailed ... it being Veteran's Day and all!

    ReplyDelete