We spent a number of hours at a nearby rec center swimming and just hanging out. This was the first time I have gone down a water slide since being blind and its quite a rush. These slides are pretty darn fast too I might add. After going down solo I talked Kadence into trying it out with me. She absolutely loved it and I even managed to keep her head above the water when we splashed into the pool at the bottom. This trip was also the first time that Jesse has gone down a water slide also. It took a little time but I talked her into trying it saying that if you sit up they really don't go that fast. I went down first and her first words after reaching the bottom after me were "You lied!" Whatever she might say though, she loved it so don't listen to her.
We also discovered that Sophie loves the water too. I grabbed her from Jesse and took her into the kid section. She cried the whole way over probably because I was wet and freezing, but as soon as we sat down in the water she quieted down and just sat and splashed for a while. It was a great time.
We also were able to go to a Rockies game while we were in town. It was their military appreciation day so there were a lot of military related things going on.They showed I am guessing at least five videos sent in from deployed service members saying hi to their families and stuff. It was pretty cool.
They also did a little game with an Army guy where they were throwing fly balls and he had to catch two of them to win some sort of prize...well before I go on I have a side story. Before I deployed I played on my unit softball team at Ft. Riley. We are the only Air Force guys there so it was us and a lot of Army teams. This fact alone made us pretty much the most despised team out there. That and the fact that we pretty much stomped the Army guys out at Ft. Riley. When our team was actually in town I don't thing we even played an entire game. It was almost not even fun. But the fact that they would all still give us a hard time while we walked all over them made it a blast. So back to the guy catching fly balls...both of the shots they gave him hit right in the glove and rolled right out. I could not help but laugh and when Jesse asked what was so funny I relayed the Riley softball story to her. Great times. The game was a blast and even though they lost we had an awesome time. I can check the MLB off my bucket list now.
Thanks to the family out in Colorado for having us. We had a great time and we will be back there someday. Thanks for reading everyone. God bless.. .
No comments:
Post a Comment