Good evening everyone! So we have some bitter sweet news finally. We are leaving for Texas the third week of July. We have orders and the movers are set to come and pack up all of our stuff. We will be living on base down there for a few months while we look into some home buying opportunities and figure out what part of town we want to be in.
It is a bitter sweet move. On one hand I am finally going to be going back to work which has been one of my biggest goals. We will finally get a normal sort of routine going and get a bit of a normal life. We're excited to have our own place, even if it is down the road a few more months, but we know it's coming soon. It sounds like were going to be working with and near some awesome people and we're looking forward to getting involved. Now on the bitter side, we are leaving a huge support system behind. It has been awesome to be able to drop the girls off or have some help with problems around the house and just plain hang out with all the family around here. Its going to be a very new experience to be completely on our own. We are excited for the challenge though. It is also going to be interesting to live somewhere that nobody knows who we are and doesn't recognize me because of Xxon ha ha. It's been fun to connect with people here that normally I would probably not talk to just because most people don't know what to say to a blind dude. I know I didn't before I became one of them. In case your wondering, just say hello to them. We're not all bad ha ha.
I want to thank everyone here in New Mexico for the help an dsupport you have given my family and I. I want to thank my family for everything they have done for us. Once we are established down in Texas you're welcome to come visit! Thank you all for keeping on us and not giving up on my poor blogging skills. God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your move to San Antonio. We're headed out there as well, and should arrive in the beginning of August...however, I'll be there from 15-19 July to get our stuff moved into our home. We bought a home just south of Sea World and have already met a few families from the church down there. We'll have to invite you and the family over for dinner before I start class. Take care and God bless with your new assignment. -Beau
ReplyDelete