Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Thursday, September 2, 2010

Under the knife...

    So the time has come. Tomorrow I am finally getting the hole in my ear fixed. The hole that has pretty much muted the hearing in my left ear has a pretty good chance of being totally fixed. They have to cut along the back of my ear and open it up to be able to get to the hole. From there they will take some extra tissue and lay it over the hole. From there I suppose they just patch me up and when the graft takes all goes back to normal. I have had to keep water out of my ear since January and I told Jesse that once it is all healed up the first thing I am going to do is fill the bath tub and put my head under the water. It is a feeling I have grown to miss. I am excited about the prospect of surround sound again.

    As always I want to thank you all for reading along with my life. I thank you all for your support as well. There are great things to come and when I know a little more I will spread the word to you all. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment