Michael is visiting New Mexico this week for a family reunion. Lastnight at about 10:00pm Michael announced to his dad and I (his mother) that he was going to walk to the gas station about a mile away and buy some snacks. Jim and I immediately offered to give him a ride, nope it didn't want one. So we offered for one of us to walk with him, nope he was not going for that either. He was determined to go by himself, just him and his cane. (Xxon his guide dog was not invited either.) One of the concerns we had was that there are no sidewalks where we live.
This is a picture of the street in front of our house.
So out the door he went and Jim said to me that he was going to follow him, Michael would never know. I told him we can't do that. We have to let him go. He had his cell phone and could call if he needed to. Jim and I sat quitely and waited. About an hour later here he came back with his snacks and as confident as could be.

No comments:
Post a Comment