I am sure most of you remember about two years ago when I got my prosthetic eyes made.
It was a really interesting and somewhat lengthy process.
Well the last time we were there we were told that without proper justification and approval from Tricare it wouldn't be possible to get any more eyes made.
I am glad to say that there are other ways!
One of our friends here on base is involved with the folks who make prosthetic eyes here at BAMC. He passed some contact info on to me and said to give em a call.
I did and not too long later found myself in the chair getting checked out!
It turns out that since my head continued to shrink (from the swelling) and caused the current prosthetic eye to look a little less normal than it should.
Now the painting is still amazing but the lids rest a little closer together than they should.
Because of this and because that they train these types of folks here locally I now have the opportunity to give back and be a test dummy for any of the green horns that need to learn how to make eyes!
I told them that I am always willing and any time they need someone to practice with I will do my part.
They are making two new eyes for me. the first is going to look like the normal eye that I had before and the second, or theme eye, is going to look like the eyes of Michael from the Underworld movies after he becomes a hybrid.
If you don't know what I am talking about just go Google it and you will see. It is going to be awesome!
I spent about two hours in the chair today getting new impressions made and getting the wax eyes trimmed and fitting correctly.
I am going out of town for a while again but my next appointment and hopefully the final one until I can take the new eyes home is on the 13th.
As soon as I get my hands on them I will be sure to let Jesse post some pictures for you all.
life is a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment