Coming in!
So since the start of the year a friend and I have started running together around the base.
I have taken a shoe lace out of one of my tan boots since they aren't authorized anymore and tied it in a loop. Each of us holds one end and off we go.
My job is to run and not fall down, the guy I run with is responsible for watching for anything and everything that might catch me off guard. Things like bumps or sharp changes in the road. He also alerts me to all of the turns. When we run in my neighborhood we are constantly dodging cars and running around trash cans since our runs are usually on trash day.
It has been going very well. Today was our first official race. We ran in a St. Patrick's Day 5K and finished in 24:06. I was 7th in my age group and 51st overall.
It was an awesome run. The course was strange. We ran over little train tracks three or four times, and we were constantly on and off the main path. Most of the times we were on the path it was made of brick or cobblestone so it was pretty uneven.
We did awesome though and it felt great! My friend made me a shirt to run in. On the back it says "Blind Runner" and on the front it says :Watch where your going, because I'm not". It is awesome! and of course the other runners loved it. The only thing I would have changed was the weather. it was somewhere in the high thirties and raining. So a little cold but it was still a blast!
I have taken a shoe lace out of one of my tan boots since they aren't authorized anymore and tied it in a loop. Each of us holds one end and off we go.
My job is to run and not fall down, the guy I run with is responsible for watching for anything and everything that might catch me off guard. Things like bumps or sharp changes in the road. He also alerts me to all of the turns. When we run in my neighborhood we are constantly dodging cars and running around trash cans since our runs are usually on trash day.
It has been going very well. Today was our first official race. We ran in a St. Patrick's Day 5K and finished in 24:06. I was 7th in my age group and 51st overall.
It was an awesome run. The course was strange. We ran over little train tracks three or four times, and we were constantly on and off the main path. Most of the times we were on the path it was made of brick or cobblestone so it was pretty uneven.
We did awesome though and it felt great! My friend made me a shirt to run in. On the back it says "Blind Runner" and on the front it says :Watch where your going, because I'm not". It is awesome! and of course the other runners loved it. The only thing I would have changed was the weather. it was somewhere in the high thirties and raining. So a little cold but it was still a blast!
I have also taken on CrossFit. There is a gym near us called CrossFit Lackland that is just awesome! I am working with a PJ who is stationed here at Lackland and I Must say it feels great to get such a great workout again. I have missed it so much and now I am getting back into it. Hopefully in the next few months I will get back into the shape I was in before Afghanistan. Exciting!!!!
Finish!
Receiving a congrats
The dynamic duo!
Enjoying their post race food and beverage of choice





No comments:
Post a Comment