Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Monday, July 11, 2011

Dreaming.........

 So here is a fast post about something I find interesting. Ever since going blind, I have been having the most vivid and detailed dreams. It's like my brain is tired of the dark all day so it goes into hyper drive at night to make up for it.   
   Before I went blind, I barely remembered details of my dreams if I remembered them at all. In the last two nights I have fought off a spider invasion with a sword and narrowly escaped being shot in a gang war while sweeping the high school parking lot.  
    I could probably write some great stories for a TV show if I ever put these things on paper. Another interesting fact is that all the people in my dreams usually have the faces of people from my past. Even if it is a person I have only met while being blind. My mind sticks someone elses face on theirs. This is true for all except Jesse and Kadence. It's like my mind has a block on them. I never see their faces, even if I see their bodies. I always know its them but there is never a face to go along with it. Strange strange.   


This is me showing Kadence how to use those little poppers.

Well everyone I hope you had a great 4th of July. This has and still is one of my favorite holidays. I love the grilling and fireworks. The best part is hanging out with family and friends. Nothing else is more inportant than that. Thank you all for reading. Stay safe over the holiday. God bless you and tthe USA!!

My two little girls....

2 comments:

  1. long time reader first time commenter. You actually can't dream any faces you've never seen before I'm not sure how this changes for someone with a vision impairment but every face in your dreams is a face you've seen before even if you didnt know the person. It could be the cashier from the shopette or some random person in a crowd but our minds can't create faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing how you can see faces and your dreams so vividly. Its crazy how our brain works, and those girls are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete