So let's see here. It has been a little while since I have been on here so I have to think about what has been going on. We already posted about the baby so I can check that off. All I will add is that Jesse is almost 34 weeks along so we are getting pretty close.
The medical stuff has a few changes. My dad and I went back to Cali for a follow up appointment where we learned that things were looking ok. The eye lid had contracted more than they were hoping but the conformer was staying in and that was great news. We set up another appointment on March 1st to get another eye made for the left eye to match the one I have in my right. The doc said that if the conformer stays in then we will go ahead and do it. Well we left for Idaho like 5 days later and the conformer fell out on the flight out there. So we called out to Palo Alto and they immediately set up another surgery for tomorrow. Well as the trip came closer we learn that they want to put in a splint to keep the skin graft from contracting this time. Friday morning I got a call from the doc saying that they might not be able to get the splint done in time. He said that if it's not done we will have to set up the trip for later. And thats what happened. We were unable to get things set up as we needed them so the surgery has now been pushed back until after Sophie is born.
We are very eager to get this stuff taken care of. We are hoping to get moved out to Texas where, if things work out the wasy we are hoping, I can get back to work; working with other wounded Air Force members. We can't wait and things are looking good. We have a lot of great people helping us make this a reality.
As you all saw we had a 2 week trip to Idaho to hang out with the in-laws and J's other family members. The main reason we went was to welcome her brother back from a 2 year mission for our church. He was living down in Chile and was finally getting home. Everyone was very excited to see him back home. Welcome back Sean, thank you for what you did, oh and come visit any time. I need more male backup in my house. The girls are starting to outnumber me by a large number.
So I got to do a few firsts on this trip. First of all was riding a horse. What a weird feeling. I have never been on anything that does not have a engine in it and the sensation was very odd. It was a blast though! Her grandpa let me ride a few times and it was so much fun. He even let me steer around a little bit. That is the great thing about a ranch....not a lot to crash into. Another thing he let me do was drive the horse team while we out feeding the cattle. Now being the city guy I am I thought it was going to be like the movies. I thought that to drive some horses you had to yell and whip 'em and hoot and holler. Well this is a terrible idea. All it takes is a single word, not yelled at all, and no whipping necessary at all. Those horses in the movies must just not be trained right or something. If I could safely and successfully drive a horse team quitely then those cowboys should be able to as well. It was awesome. I have never really been out like that before and I had such a blast doing it.
We also got to do a little sledding. Now for those of you who have never done it blind I recommend it. Wrap a shirt over your eyes because even the slowest, shortest ride seems like you are absolutely flying. We had a great time playing out in the snow. Especially Xxon. I think that if he could retire from the guide dog business and be a ranch dog he would do it. He loved running all over the place and eating the snow. Every time I tried to sled down the hill we had to distract him with a flying snowball because he would always come and jump on the sled with me. He would chase snowballs all day long. Jesse got some great pictures and videos of him just acting crazy.
So we don't have any more trips planned until after the baby comes. We will just be hanging out here in the Land of Enchantment and enjoying the down time. Thank you all for reading this blog and for all of the support you all have given me and my family. I am pretty sure I have said this before but I will try to write a little more often. Thank you all and God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment